That’s my first list of this school year. Those are the supplies I need to get things off to the start I want. I’m impressed that the list is so short. I’m also impressed that I’ve managed to work in my classroom several days before I made the list. That means I remembered to bring most of the stuff I needed to my classroom before making the list. There’s a science to getting a classroom ready to open school. And lists are definitely a part of it. So, having such a short one has to mean something. I just wonder what that is. Let me give it a guess, in list form, of course!
- I’ve improved my memory. I no longer need lists because I remember most of what I need to know.
- I’m so rested and relaxed from my summer break that I can accomplish 10 times as much in a day as I could back in May.
- I’ve prepared a classroom for the start of school 21 times. That special brand of experience finally pays off.
- I’ve collected so much junk over the years that I couldn’t possibly need anything else.
- It’s a sign. This year will be the very best school year of my career.